The objectives for which FABCOS was established are to:
• Advance the ideals of black economic empowerment.
• Work towards the liberation of the economy from its historical constraints.
• Protect and promote the interests of disadvantaged business people and consumers to enable them to benefit from the economy.
• Strive for the gender equality of its members and the protection of children’s rights.
• Improve the standards of business practices by rendering facilities, services and infrastructure to members and member associations.
• Share resources and facilities in the best interests of its members.
• Establish regional offices and resource centres according to provincial boundaries where there is a need, and to make these available to members.
• Facilitate training and development programmes for members and member associations.
• Provide all members with membership cards or certificates.
• Facilitate interface and interaction between small business and established corporate businesses in the economy.
• Encourage business ventures that create opportunities for and economically empower members.
• Assist members financially, when so decided and distribute benefits to its members.
• Create discussion forums with other business organisations on subjects of mutual concern.
• Represent the interests of FABCOS members nationally and internationally, and to serve as a reference body for members or member associations.
• Promote, draft, or assist in promoting or drafting any bill, or ordinance calculated to further the objects of FABCOS or its members
- Make representations to local, Regional and Central Government on business and consumer issues, in consultation with and on behalf of its members.